Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Teenage prgnancy

A Female Perspective

1. What would you do if you were pregnant?
If I was pregnant, the first thing I would do is to talk to my parents and boyfriend to ask for help. I would be very ashamed and disappointed in myself because I am suppose to be responsible for my actions. I would like to check at the hospital to see if I'm actually pregnant or not, just in case it was a mistake. I would be a little scared at first, but I think I will get through this situation with support from my friends and family. I will not be hiding from reality because doing so will not solve the problem.
2. Would you tell the baby's father? Why or why not?
I would tell the baby's father because I would like the baby's father to take responsibility of the baby. Many boys would abandon their girlfriend and the child and run away because they did not want to deal with the child. I would like the support from the baby's father more than anyone else. He should take care of the child to the best of his ability because it is his duty to do so.
3. How would having a child affect your life?
Having a child would have a tremendous affect on my daily life. The child needs daily parental care, but do not think I am ready to raise a child. I know there are many problems in raising a child. First of all, when I am not financially stable, I will be involved in many expanses like buying milk powder, bottles, diapers, blankets, and clothes. Without knowing the proper way to raise a child, I will have to learn. At this age, I am not mature enough to handle problems I might encounter in the future. Also, people will judge me based on the baby only. There will definitely be pressure and stress brought on me.
4. How would you feel about giving your child up for adoption?
I don't feel that giving my child up for adoption is a good idea because I do not want the child to think his or her real parents did not want him or her. The child might think that he or she is a mistake and will have low self esteem. This would affect the child for the rest of his or her life. Many parents who gave their child up for adoption regret it later because they might not see the child again. I would face my problem and raise the child to the best of my ability.
5. How would you feel about keeping the baby and raising it?
I would certainly feel pressured and stressed about keeping the baby and raising it because the baby needs to be taken care of. I will have to learn how to raise a baby properly and handle school at the same time. This is going to be difficult because raising a baby requires a lot of money. If I do not have a job, then I will not be financially ready to raise a baby. I would have to study very hard at school to get a well paid job in the future. All these jobs combined together will make me tired and stressed everyday.
6. Would you marry the baby's father?
I would marry the baby's father because I want the baby to live with his or her father. I want the baby to have a nice happy family instead of just having a single parent. If the baby lives in a happy environment, it will grow up not feeling a part of them is missing. Furthermore, I want the father to raise the child with me because it is his responsibility to.
7. How would your parents feel if you were pregnant?
My parents would expect me to go to them for help when I am in trouble. They could be shocked or horrified at first, but they will not abandon me to handle this situation alone. I know that they will help me think of a good solution to the problem. They might also support me financially if I am in a poor situation. I might let my parents take care of my baby for a couple of days if I desperately need the time to work.
8. How would your friends feel about you if you were pregnant?
My friends would be shock and surprised if I were pregnant, but they will help me through. They will support me to the best of their ability and try to help me think of a good solution. My friends would talk to me and assist me when I need their company.
9. Would you want to keep seeing the baby's father?
I would want to keep seeing the baby's father if he takes responsibility for the child and loves me. I need to maintain a good relationship with him because we are going to live together for the rest of my life. Also, the baby needs support from his or her father, so I do not want him to leave.

A Male Perspective

1. How would you feel if your girlfriend was pregnant?

If my girlfriend was pregnant, I would take the role of the father and try to find a job to support the family. If one job is not enough for the expanses of the family, I will work two or more jobs if necessary. I will try to make my girlfriend happy and make her feel safe. I would think this is the role of being the father of the baby.
2. What do you think you and she should do?

I think she and I should work together and discuss what to do with our baby. We should find ways to keep the baby healthy. Also, we should learn how to raise the baby properly and start forming a family. We should seek help or advise from the social workers in the community.
3. How would having a child affect your life?

Once I have a child, I have to play the role of a father and educate him or her. I need to teach and expose him or her to different training. Also, I have to work harder to earn enough money to support the financial needs of the family. I would have to sacrifice entertainments for the sake of the baby. I need to learn to stay calm when handling dangerous situations involving the baby.
4. How would you feel about giving your child up for adoption?

Giving up my child up for adoption is not a good idea because the baby is my responsibility. I do not want the baby to not live with his or her real parents. I also do not want the baby to suffer because of my mistake. The baby will feel abandoned and will not be happy when he or she grows up. Many adopted children tend to feel less wanted compared to other kids, since his or her parents did not want him or her. Adopted children usually stay away from other kids and refuse to socialize. I know that I will regret giving my child up for adoption later in life because I will not be able to see the baby anymore.
5. How would you feel about keeping the baby and raising it?

Because the baby is my child, I have the responsibility to raise the baby and keep the baby healthy. I should be more than happy to keep the baby safe. I would like to perform the role of a father. I always have to give up my time for my personal development temporarily in order to raise the baby
6. Would you marry your girlfriend?

If I love my girlfriend and wish to stay with her forever, I would marry my girlfriend. This way, we can handle situations and solve problems together. Getting married is a way of building a family. My girlfriend would not be mad at me for not taking my responsibility. Besides, to form a family is a mutual interest of a man and a woman.
7. How would your parents feel if they knew your girlfriend was pregnant?

My parents will give me a parental advise if they knew my girlfriend was pregnant. They would help me think of solutions to the problem and assist me in the best of their ability. They would definitely be mad at me for not taking the precautions of not getting my girlfriend pregnant.
8. How would your friends feel about you if they knew your girlfriend was pregnant?

My friends would be proud of me if they knew my girlfriend was pregnant. They would congratulate me for being a father. They would think I'm great and will treat me well. Many will assist me when I need their help and be supportive. But some of them will find excuses to not help me.
9. Would you want to keep seeing your girlfriend?

I would keep seeing my girlfriend because I love her and will gladly spent my entire life with her. I would keep her company whenever I can and try my best to make her happy. Also, I will raise the baby together with her and help her through hard time. I will build a stable and happy family.

No comments: